LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY REPRESENTATION
NPCA Members are represented by NPCA in the State of Nebraska and Washington D.C. The association works year-round to communicate the Petroleum Industry’s position to lawmakers. NPCA’s mission is to enable the success of its members by furthering legislation favorable to the Petroleum industry and defeating legislation detrimental to the Petroleum industry.
NPCA Members automatically become members of the Petroleum Marketers Association of America (PMAA), a federation of 47 state and regional trade associations representing approximately 8,000 independent petroleum marketers nationwide. This means NPCA Members are represented by NPCA and PMAA in Washington D.C.
PMAA SBC PAC COMMITTEE
NPCA Members are part of a greater good through the PMAA Small Business Committee (SBC), a political action committee (PAC) funded by voluntary contributions from marketers across the country. PMAA regularly reports the activities of the PAC (as required by law) to the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and information about that activity is available to the public. Your contribution to the PMAA SBC PAC will:
- Help elect individuals who are supportive of small business and independent petroleum marketers;
- Support PMAA’s legislative and regulatory agenda;
- Remind legislators that petroleum marketers are a political force;
- Recognize the unique aspects of the jobber/distributor class of trade and of oilheat dealers;
- Enable PMAA to say “yes” when supportive candidates ask for our help;
- Assist PMAA to stand up to organizations that represent interests contrary to those of independent petroleum marketers and which are now actively building campaign war chests to defeat pro-small business candidates.
Personal contributions are limited to individuals who are members of a PMAA Member Association. Contributions to the SBC PAC are not tax deductible. Click here to Donate to PMAA’s PAC
NPCA Members receive Legislative reports with up-to date information as bills progress through the legislative process each year. As an industry, it is imperative that we are up to date on changes to the law and that our voices are represented in the legislative process.
NPCA Members receive a quarterly Marketers Magazine to keep them up to date on the latest industry news and events. The Magazine is also a great advertising tool for member companies. The Quarterly Marketers Magazine is available on the NPCA Website.
NPCA MEMBERSHIP NEWSLETTER
NPCA Members receive a weekly, digital Membership Newsletter with valuable, insider information to empower their success in the Petroleum Industry. The Member Directory is available on the NPCA Website.
UNDERGROUND STORAGE TANK (UST) OPERATOR TRAINING
NPCA Members have access to on-site and online Class A/B and Class C UST Operator Training. NPCA is contracted with Leak Specialists Inc. to provide UST Operator Training. Training courses are approved by the Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s Office.
Start Your Online Training Now!
NPCA members receive a Member Directory for networking purposes. This is an outreach tool to collaborate and stay connected with other members. The NPCA Member Directory is available on the NPCA Website.
PACE TRADE SHOW
NPCA Members can participate in the PACEshow, a key destination for the central Midwest region’s top buyers representing more than 5,000 petroleum and convenience retail locations.
PACEshow draws more than 2,000 attendees and features 250+ leading industry suppliers — offering c-store owners and related industry suppliers easy access to exclusive industry benefits including:
- The latest in products, services & equipment from the industry’s top manufacturers and service providers
- Industry meetings on issues fuel marketers, c-store & food/beverage retailers care most about
- Networking opportunities with colleagues throughout the show & social events
Visit www.PACEshow.com for the latest information on PACEshow exhibitors, meetings, networking & business growth opportunities.
NPCA Members are invited to the annual NPCA & NPGA (Nebraska Propane Gas Association) Joint Convention. This event brings two industries together for networking, educational seminars, golf, great food and fun!
GLW GOLF OUTING
NPCA Members are invited to the annual GLW Golf Outing. This is a networking event for NPCA Members, as well as a fundraiser for the George L. Watters Memorial Scholarship fund.
FAIRWAY N’ FRIENDS GOLF OUTING
NPCA Members are invited to play at the annual Fairway N’ Friends Golf Outing. PMCA of Kansas and NPCA host this event to give KS and NE the opportunity to network with the best in the industry. The location of the Golf Outing varies from year to year – the most beloved courses we play are Dismal River Golf Club, Mullen, NE; Prairie Club, Valentine, NE; Colbert Hills, Manhattan, Kansas.
GEORGE L. WATTERS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The George L. Watters Memorial Scholarship was established in 1988. George Watters was an outstanding and well-respected representative of the petroleum marketing industry. Following his death several years ago, the Nebraska Petroleum Marketers Association established this scholarship to properly recall George’s leadership and integrity in the field. The Nebraska Petroleum Marketers, a member of the Petroleum Marketers Association of America, seeks to unify petroleum marketers throughout the state to effectively further the common interests of the petroleum marketing industry.
Every year, the NPCA awards 3 individuals with a $1,000 GLW Memorial Scholarship. Recipients must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicant must be the offspring of a current member of the Nebraska Petroleum Marketing employee.
- Must be a current graduating high school senior from any high school in Nebraska.
- Must attend a college or university in Nebraska.
- Must be in the upper one-third of the graduating class and must demonstrate leadership qualities and have expressed a desire and intent to continue education leading to a degree.
- Financial need will only be utilized as a tiebreaker in the selection process.
4. MEMBER DISCOUNTS
NATIONAL PURCHASING PARTNERS (NPP)
Through our partnership with NPP, you can access savings on a variety of products and services. NPP serves companies and individuals nationwide, saving them money through negotiated contract pricing. We provide discounts on leading products that transform the way people work and live. NPP offers a broad variety of leading-edge products that help your business thrive. Discover exclusive NPP savings for companies of all sizes.